Tuesday, January 20, 2009

un-detaching

What does it feel like?

God, I don't know.

Where do you feel it?

There's a place to feel something?

These questions elude me. I hear them, but they're coming at me like a foreign language that I never cared to study. I *should* know it, but I absolutely do not. I realize that I've detached myself from my Self just to avoid some slight pain. I guess what I neglected to pay attention to was the subtle irritation of being so detached... like a spider that gets under your sheets and crawls up your leg in the night, but if you move you'll mess up the warm spot.

Well it's time to ruffle up the sheets! It's time for my simple me to get back in touch with the dirty, smelly reality and breathe it all in like it were my last breath. It's time for me to know exactly where I stand, where my feelings lay, and what exactly they consist of. It's time for my thumbs and forefingers to come together again and unite the rest of me. Intraconnection without ego. Bring on the real.

50 random things that make me joyful:
1. a little bouncy bounce
2. oreo blender blasts
3. Seeing God in everything
4. snot rockets when I'm running and else times
5. Random anti-sports (ie. bowling, putt putt)
6. giggling
7. splenda
8. wearing sunglasses at night
9. wearing earrings in my second holes instead of my first ones
10. complimentary colors
11. thanking people
12. traveling
13. dreaming of traveling
14. London/GB
15. Singing obnoxiously loud in the car
16. gaudy bracelets
17. winking and receiving winks
18. america's next top model
19. Allison doing the voice of Sid
20. Laughing so hard my stomach hurts
21. making funny voices
22. climbing trees
23. taking pictures
24. hot tubs
25. the 1st bite of cheesecake
26. artistic movies that have spiritual undertones
27. blue suede shoes
28. sand dunes
29. waves
30. wind chimes
31. attics
32. the color turquoise
33. mullets
34. ankles
35. holding hands
36. flying kites
37. movies & popcorn
38. learning new things
39. cigars
40. dancing
41. new cotton underwear
42. running fast
43. burritos
44. ethnic food
45. cleaning compulsively
46. first dates
47. campfires
48. intuition
49. the feeling of recognition
50. really long spoons.

26 random things that others know of me (because they tell me so):
1. intellectual
2. honest
3. genuine
4. considerate
5. spunky
6. spontaneous
7. helpful
8. caring
9. passionate
10. flirtatious
11. sexy
12. beautiful
13. artsy
14. fartsy ;)
15. spiritual
16. confident
17. encouraging
18. supportive
19. intriguing
20. creative
21. funky
22. inspiring
23. contemplative
24. exciting
25. loyal
26. insightful

What I believe in:
perseverance
preservation
purity and it's resulting clarity
loving without qualms and conditions
direct and honest communication
limitless goals
reporting for jury duty
transcendentalism is the form of constant self improvement and willingness to learn what's beyond the obvious
silence
attention to details like all the colors in the trees and the sound the wind makes even though it's invisible
smiling
smiling with an orange peel stuck in your mouth
rolling up the sleeves, tying back the hair, and getting dirt under the fingernails
howling at the moon
moving forward
moving with minimal physical imprint but paramount emotional impact in every step
music
sweating
crying from the marrow
balance
9 hours of uninterrupted sleep
celebrating minute successes
a unique, uninhibited, unapologetic way to dance through life
finding a safety zone either in location or people or reckless imaginations
Now.
Right Now.

What does it feel like?

Like a cool breeze running from the top of my head through every appendage and pore that makes my finger tips glow - the only way they know how to smile; like I'm weightless and gliding in the "meant-to-be" direction; like I'm rooted and connected to everything - everyone else, and nothing could be wrong.

Where do you feel it?

Everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment