Wednesday, April 23, 2008

a dollop of daisy


And I quote:

"INFJs are deeply concerned about their relations with individuals as well as the state of humanity at large. They are, in fact, sometimes mistaken for extroverts because they appear so outgoing and are so genuinely interested in people -- a product of the Feeling function they most readily show to the world. On the contrary, INFJs are true introverts, who can only be emotionally intimate and fulfilled with a chosen few from among their long-term friends, family, or obvious "soul mates." While instinctively courting the personal and organizational demands continually made upon them by others, at intervals INFJs will suddenly withdraw into themselves, sometimes shutting out even their intimates. This apparent paradox is a necessary escape valve for them, providing both time to rebuild their depleted resources and a filter to prevent the emotional overload to which they are so susceptible as inherent "givers." As a pattern of behavior, it is perhaps the most confusing aspect of the enigmatic INFJ character to outsiders, and hence the most often misunderstood -- particularly by those who have little experience with this rare type."

All of this (me) is a multi layered bean dip, most certainly. From an areal view, from way up high on your floating ego, I might look like a casserole dish filled with cheese.

I am not merely cheese.

So for everyone out there who doesn't quite understand my quick and poorly thought out analogies, I will dissect: Underneath the the surface layer - where I smilingly go to work and get things done and no one's got a clue - there are beans. B-b-b-beans. Yes, the magical fruit where the more ya eat the more ya toot. I gots em. And my frank beans (puns are always intended) want to let you in on a secret... they're trying to hide! If you saw refried beans at the surface of everything you wouldn't want to eat ever again!!!

Spread a little thinner: I'm a natural born introvert. Not even one of those born again kinds. I need alone time all the way from my skin down to my marrow. Alone time is my beans. It might not look like a main ingredient, but I come a whole lot better if it's there. So forgive me once in a while if I run and hide. I'm just making myself taste better for the next time.

What else is in my dip? Mmmmm, guac. Those great green gobs of avocado, smashed up with some onion and tomato, plopped into the mix before and after the beans, oooooooo-eeeeeeeeee! I'm takin' you all the way to #2, babes. I know how to get you digestin, jumpin, pinchin, squeezin, runnin, (waddlin if you're not fast enough), droppin, sighin and relievin. They call it the magic trick.

Spread a little tinner: I'll lay it right out here - I'm a survivor of hereditary bad mood. My dad has it. He got it from his mother. My brothers have it too. My mom's a circumstantial bad moodian who's circumstantially dealt with it my entire life. Thus? Be it learned or genetic, guac is my depression. It lays low. It's mushy and green. It smells bad and turns an even awfuller color if you unearth it for too long. It's best to keep it hidden for a special, sultry surprise cuz without it you'd be disappointed. Oddly enough, my guac makes the whole package just that much more appealing. Though, you can have too much of a good thing. It's a balancing act; best let me have my small quantities tucked away below the surface.

Cheese, beans, guacamole. Multi layered, INFJ, me.

I'm pleading with my inside outsiders now. Please understand what a bean dip is! Look at me from a different angle if you have to. Get a chip and dive right in if you're daring. I've got some ingredients working for me that, lone, are not necessarily crowd pleasers. But like it or not, it's all a part of who I am.

If you don't value my alone time... if you can't handle my occasional bad mood... don't touch my bean dip.

No, plain ol' bean dip doesn't often give back much in the way of friendship. But that's where my INFJ skills come in handy, with a sprinkling of cheese (corny jokes and laughter), a dollop of Daisy, and a pinch of "olive juice"...

...hopefully I'm making friendship with bean dip a bit more worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment